Rade Milovanovic is an International Chess Master, coach, trainer, and teacher with more than 40 years of experience in competitive chess and over 20 years of experience in training and coaching.
Rade was born in 1954 in Yugoslavia, and have lived in Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Rade finished the University of Belgrade-Law School in 1977. Since August 1998 I have been living in Dallas with my family.
Since 1999, Rade has been working with chess team of University of Texas (UTD) as a trainer and coach (from 2001) for the best college team in America. He has played in many competitions, from scholastic to World Chess Olympiad. This helps him to successfully teach and promote chess among kids as well adults.
Achievements in Chess
These are the highlights of Rade’s chess career.
- Champion of Tuzla in 1972
- Junior Champion of Bosnia and Herzegovina in 1972
- Second Place on Junior Championship of Yugoslavia
- Junior Balkan Champion in 1973
- Became a Candidate Master in 1972
- Became a Master in 1977
- Became an International Chess Master in 1988
- Warszawa – Poland, 1988
- Catollica – Italy, 1988
- Madona di Campiglio – Italy, 1988
- Championship of Bosnia – Herzegovina, 1994
- Member of BH team which finished 2nd in the World Chess Olympiad – Moscow, 1994
Since Emigrating to the USA in 1998
- Won the Houston BrainStorm Tournament,1998.
- Tied for 1st, PanAm Open Dallas 1998.
- Tied for 1st, Texoma Open, Dallas 1999.
- Won the Texas State Championship, Dallas, 1999.
- Tied for 1st at the National Open, Las Vegas, 2000.
- Won the WBCA Grand Prix Blitz, Dallas, 2000.
- Won Texas Masters, Dallas 2002
Coach and Trainer experience
- Coach (and player) Chess team Tuzla 1981-1993
- Coach (and player) Chess team Zrinski Tuzla 1994-1995 (1st place team championship Bosnia 1994.)
- Coach (and player) chess team Mimosa, Tivat, Montenegro 1995-1998 (1st place team championship 1998)
- Chess coach at the Solomon Schecter Academy at Dallas, 1999-present
- Chess coach at the Brinker Elementary School in Plano, 2000-present
- Chess coach at the Rose Mary Hagar Elementary school, Dallas, 2001-present
- Chess coach at Nathan Adams Elementary School Dallas, 2001 – present
- Coach for the University of Texas at Dallas Chess Team
Did you like learning about Rade Milovanovic? If you did, check out other International Master players like Levy Rozman.