Welcome to The Chess Journal, the premier Chess resource site for beginner chess players.
My name is William, and I started The Chess Journal in 2020 after becoming obsessed with Chess after my first game. I knew how to play, but haven’t played a game since I was a teenager. I started The Chess Journal with one goal in mind: to create Chess tutorials that are simple and easy to understand.
There are a lot of excellent resources out there for Chess players to learn from. Mostly in video form. But I couldn’t find many detailed articles for those just starting out. There is almost an infinite amount to learn for the game of Chess and I plan on making The Chess Journal the best free resource there is.
Who Is The Chess Journal For?
The Chess Journal started out as a resource site for Chess beginners like me. I believe in helping the new chess player with guides that make sense for just about anyone while also not saying it with an elitist mindset.
If you have questions about Chess, such as:
- What do I do to prevent ______ in Chess?
- How can I ______ in Chess?
- Which Chess opening should I pick for _______?
- How do I stop ______ in my Chess games?
- What are the _______ that will help me in Chess?
Or if you have any other questions about Chess, then The Chess Journal is the place to be.
Here’s What You’ll Find At The Chess Journal
- The Chess Journal Homepage – This is where we publish our Chess tutorials, how to’s, and step by step tutorials.
- The Chess Journal Dictionary – The best place for beginners to start learning and familiarizing themselves with Chess lingo.
- The Chess Journal Blueprint – Get a complete blueprint on how to get started playing Chess, and how to rapidly improve your game and rating.
The content on The Chess Journal is completely free, and we are always looking for finding more ways to be helpful.
Let’s take a look at some of our most helpful Chess tutorials:
Looking For Something Else?
The Chess Journal has many articles and are working hard to make sure there is a post that will have an answer to your question.
A lot of our readers like to use Google to find articles on The Chess Journal that will help them answer to their question.
To do this, you can just go to Google and describe what you’re looking for and then add The Chess Journal at the end of your query.
You can also contact us and send your questions or suggestions and we will do our best to respond to you and answer your question directly.
How to Join The Chess Journal?
The Chess Journal is free, and you can visit our website at anytime.
Here is how to make sure that you never miss any of our new Chess tutorials:
Thank you for visiting The Chess Journal. We look forward to helping you learn Chess.