In the last list of top games we published, we went over a few of Wang Hao’s best chess games. In this post, we go through the best games of Nikita Vitiugov.
This article uses algebraic notation to describe chess moves. For more information, see our step-by-step guide on how to read Chess Notation
10. Nikita Vitiugov vs Maxim Rodshtein – World Team Championship, Round 9 – Bursa, Turkey – January 13, 2010
Nikita Vitiugov played against Maxim Rodshtein at the World Team Championship tournament on January 13, 2010. Vitiugov played the Anglo-Slav Variation with the black pieces.
9. Nikita Vitiugov vs Surya Shekhar Ganguly – Khanty-Mansiysk Olympiad, Round 4 – Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia – September 24, 2010
Nikita Vitiugov played against Surya Shekhar Ganguly at the Khanty-Mansiysk Olympiad tournament on September 24, 2010. Vitiugov played the King’s Indian Defense with the white pieces.
8. Nikita Vitiugov vs Ding Liren – Russia – China, Round 1 – St Petersburg, Russia – July 02, 2012
Nikita Vitiugov played against Ding Liren at the Russia – China tournament on July 02, 2012. Vitiugov played the King’s Indian Defense with the white pieces.
7. Nikita Vitiugov vs Victor Bologan – European Club Cup, Round 5 – Eilat, Israel – October 15, 2012
Nikita Vitiugov played against Victor Bologan at the European Club Cup tournament on July 08, 2008. Vitiugov played the Nimzo-Indian Defense with the white pieces.
6 Pentala Harikrishna vs Nikita Vitiugov – FIDE Grand Prix Belgrade, Round – Belgrade Serbia – March 01, 2022
Nikita Vitiugov played against Pentala Harikrishna at the Norway Chess tournament on May 17, 2013. Vitiugov played the Sicilian Defense with the black pieces.
5. Baris Esen vs Nikita Vitiugov – World Team Championship, Round 5 – Bursa, Turkey – January 09, 2010
Nikita Vitiugov played against Baris Esen at the World Team Championship tournament on January 09, 2010. Vitiugov played the Rogozin Defense with the black pieces.
4. Pavel Smirnov vs Nikita Vitiugov – Aeroflot Open, Round 8 – Moscow, Russia – February 24, 2009
Nikita Vitiugov played against Pavel Smirnov at the Aeroflot Open tournament on February 24, 2009. Vitiugov played the Sicilian Defense with the black pieces.
3. Matthias Bluebaum vs Nikita Vitiugov – GRENKE Chess Classic, Round 1 – Karlsruhe, Germany – March 31, 2018
Nikita Vitiugov played against Matthias Bluebaum in the GRENKE Chess Classic on March 31, 2018. Vitiugov played the Slav Defense with the black pieces.
2. Nikita Vitiugov vs M Amin Tabatabaei – FIDE Grand Prix Leg 3, Round 1 – Berlin, Germany – March 22, 2022
Nikita Vitiugov played against Amin Tabatabaei at the World Junior Championship tournament on March 22, 2022. Vitiugov played the Howell Attack with the white pieces.
1. Artyom Timofeev vs Nikita Vitiugov – Russian Championship Superfinal, Round 4 – Moscow, Russia – December 22, 2007
Nikita Vitiugov played against Artyom Timofeev at the Russian Championship Superfinal tournament on December 22, 2007. Vitiugov played the Sicilian Defense with the white pieces.
Did you like this list of Nikita Vitiugov’s best games? If you did, you might be interested in other players top games like Rey Enigma’s best games.