In the last top games list we published, we went over a few of Andrey Esipenko’s best chess games. In this post, we go through the best games of Li Chao.
This article uses algebraic notation to describe chess moves. For more information, see our step-by-step guide on how to read Chess Notation
10. Yifan Hou vs Li Chao – Hainan Danzhou GM, Round 8 – Danzhou, China – May 23, 2011
Li Chao played against Yifan Hou at the Hainan Danzhou GM tournament on May 23, 2011. Chao played Sicilian Defense with the black pieces.
9. Li Chao vs Emre Can – World Junior Championship, Round 2 – Gazientep, Turkey – August 04, 2008
Li Chao played against Emre Can in the World Junior Championship tournament on August 04, 2008 . Chao played the French Defense with the white pieces.
8. Kjetil A Lie vs Li Chao – Corus Group C, Round 6 – Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands – January 22, 2010
Li Chao played against Kjetil A Lie in the Corus Group C tournament on January 22, 2010. Chao played the Caro-Kann Defense with the black pieces.
7. Gabriel Sargissian vs Li Chao – World Cup, Round 1 – Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia – November 23, 2009
Li Chao played against Gabriel Sargissian at the World Cup tournament on November 23, 2009. Chao played the Anglo-Indian Defense with the Black pieces.
6. Miguel Santos Ruiz vs Li Chao – Gibraltar Masters, Round 4 – La Caleta, Gibraltar – January 29, 2016
Li Chao played against Miguel Santos Ruiz at the Gibraltar Masters Superfinal tournament on January 29, 2016. Chao played the Sicilian Defense with the black pieces.
5. Judit Polgar vs Li Chao – Russian World Team Championship, Round 9 – Ningbo, China – July 26, 2011
Li Chao played against Judit Polgar at the Russian World Team Championship tournament on July 26, 2011. Chao played the Classical Attack with the black pieces.
4. Li Chao vs Luka Lenic – Gibraltar Masters, Round 9 – La Caleta, Gibraltar – October 28, 2021
Li Chao played against Luka Lenic at the Gibraltar Masters tournament on October 28, 2021. Chao played the Agincourt Defense with the white pieces.
3. Li Chao vs Wang Hao – IMSA Elite Mind Games, Round 18 – Huai’an, China – February 29, 2016
Li Chao played against Wang Hao at the IMSA Elite Mind Games tournament on February 29, 2016. Chao played the Catalan Opening with the white pieces.
2. Li Chao vs Wang Hao – World Junior Championship, Round 7 – Yerevan, Armenia – October 09, 2006
Li Chao played against Wang Hao at the World Junior Championship tournament on October 09, 2006. Chao played the Scandinavian Defense with the white pieces.
1. Li Chao vs Dmitry Jakovenko – FIDE Grand Prix Geneva, Round 4 – Geneva, Switzerland – July 09, 2007
Li Chao played against Dmitry Jakovenko at the FIDE Grand Prix Geneva tournament on July 09, 2007. Chao played the Nimzo-Indian Defense with the white pieces.
Did you enjoy going through of Li Chao’s best games? If you did, you might also want to check out the top games of Bobby Fischer.