In the last list of top games we published, we listed ten of Wesley So’s best chess games. In this post, we go through the best games of Hikaru Nakamura.
This article uses algebraic notation to describe chess moves. For more information, see our step-by-step guide on how to read Chess Notation
10. Gennadij Sagalchik vs Hikaru Nakamura – American Continental, Round 9 – Buenos Aires, Argentina – August 27, 2003 – August 27, 2003
Hikaru Nakamura played against Gennadij Sagalchik at the American Continental tournament on August 27, 2003. Nakamura played the French Defense with the black pieces.
9. Crafty (Computer) vs Hikaru Nakamura – ICC blitz – ICC – January 01, 2007
Hikaru Nakamura played against the engine Crafty at the ICC blitz tournament on January 01, 2007. Nakamura played the Van Geet (Dunst) Opening with the black pieces.
8. Boris Gelfand vs Hikaru Nakamura– World Team Championship, Round 5 – Bursa, Turkey – January 09, 2010
Hikaru Nakamura played against Boris Gelfand at the World Team Championship on January 09, 2010. Hikaru Nakamura played the King’s Indian Defense with the black pieces.
7. Alexander G Beliavsky vs Hikaru Nakamura – Rising Stars, Round 3 – Amsterdam, Netherlands – August 22, 2009
Hikaru Nakamura played against Alexander G Beliavsky at the Rising Stars tournament on August 22, 2009. Nakamura played the King’s Indian Defense with the black pieces.
6. Michal Krasenkow vs Hikaru Nakamura – Casino de Barcelona, Round 2 – Barcelona, Spain – October 19, 2007
Hikaru Nakamura played against Michal Krasenkow at the Casino de Barcelona tournament on October 19, 2007. Namakura played the Agincourt Defense with the black pieces.
5. Hikaru Nakamura vs John W Loyte – 102nd US Open, Round 1 – Framingham, MA USA – August 04, 2001
Hikaru Nakamura played against John W Loyte at the 102nd US Open tournament on August 04, 2001. Nakamura played the Scandinavian Defense with the white pieces.
4. Rybka (Computer) vs Hikaru Nakamura – ICC blitz 3 o – Internet Chess Club – March 15, 2008
Hikaru Nakamura played against one of the best chess engines, Rybka at the ICC blitz 3 o tournament on March 15, 2008. Nakamura played the Grob Opening with the black pieces.
3. Hikaru Nakamura vs Sergey Karjakin – Nakamura Match, Round 5 – Cuernavaca, Mexico – December 13, 2004
Hikaru Nakamura played against Sergey Karjakin at the Nakamura Match tournament on December 13, 2004. Nakamura played the Sicilian Defense with the white pieces.
2. Wesley So vs Hikaru Nakamura – Sinquefield Cup, Round 6 – St. Louis, USA – August 29, 2015
Hikaru Nakamura played against Wesley So at the Sinquefield Cup tournament on August 29, 2015. Nakamura played the King’s Indian Defense with the black pieces.
1. Hikaru Nakamura vs Vladimir Kramnik – Instabul Olympiad, Round 9 – Istanbul, Turkey – September 06, 2012
Hikaru Nakamura played against Vladimir Kramnik at the Istanbul Olympiad tournament on September 06, 2012. Nakamura played the Symmetrical Defense with the white pieces.
Did you enjoy going through the best games of Hikaru Nakamura? If you did, you might also want to check out the top games of Garry Kasparov.