In the last list of top games we published, we listed ten of Le Quang Liem’s best chess games. In this post, we go through the best games of Wesley So.
This article uses algebraic notation to describe chess moves. For more information, see our step-by-step guide on how to read Chess Notation
10. Wesley So vs Ding Liren – Bilbao Masters, round 1 – Bilbao, Spain – October 26, 2015
Wesley So played against Ding Liren at the Bilbao Masters tournament on October 26, 2015. So played the King’s Indian Defense with the white pieces.
9. Wesley So vs Fouad El Taher– 8th Dubai Open, Round 4 – Dubai, UAE – April 26, 2006
Wesley So played against Fouad El Taher in the 8th Dubai Open tournament on April 26, 2006. So played the Spielmann Attack with the white pieces.
8. Veselin Topalov vs Wesley So – London Chess Classic, Round 6 – London, England – December 15, 2016
Wesley So played against Veselin Topalov in the London Chess Classic tournament on December 15, 2016. So played the Classical Variation with the black pieces.
7. Wesley So vs Viswanathan Anand – Tata Steel Masters, Round 2 – Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands – January 12, 2020
Wesley So played against Viswanathan Anand at the Tata Steel Masters tournament on January 12, 2020. So played the Classical Variation with the white pieces.
6. Wesley So vs Morteza Mahjoob – Asian Individual Championship, Round 4 – Cebu City, Philippines – September 22, 2007
Wesley So played against Morteza Mahjoob at the Asian Individual Championship on September 22, 2007. So played the Austrian Attack with the white pieces.
5. Wesley So vs Michael Prusikin – Bad Wiesse, Round 5 – Bad Wiesse, Germany – November 07, 2006
Wesley So played against Michael Prusikin at the Bad Wiesse tournament on November 07, 2006. So played the French Defense with the white pieces.
4. Wesley So vs David Navara – Tata Steel Group B, Round 7 – Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands – January 22, 2011
Wesley So played against David Navara at the Tata Steel Group B on January 22, 2011. So played the Neo-Grunfeld Defense with the white pieces.
3. Wesley So vs Garry Kasparov – Ultimate Blitz Challenge, Round 10 – St. Louis, MO USA – April 29, 2016
Wesley So played against Garry Kasparov at the Ultimate Blitz Challenge tournament on April 29, 2016. So played the Modern Defense with the white pieces.
2. Jeffery Xiong vs Wesley So – US Championship, Round 9 – St. Louis, USA – April 07, 2017
Wesley So played against Jeffery Xiong at the US Championship on April 07, 2017. So played the Closed Variation with the Black pieces.
1. Wesley So vs Varuzhan Akobian – US Chess Championship, Round 5 – St. Louis, USA – April 18, 2016
Wesley So played against Varuzhan Akobian at the US Chess Championship on April 18, 2016. Wesley So played the French Defense with the white pieces.
Did you enjoy going through the best games of Wesley So? If you did, you might also want to check out the top games of Garry Kasparov.