Chess in Nevada
Chess is a game that is on the rise in terms of its popularity across the United States of America. The state of Nevada is no exception to this growth in popularity that chess is experiencing. You can find players of all background and ages enjoying the game of chess across the state of Nevada daily.
Nevada has its own United States Chess Federation affiliate that operates under the name Nevada Chess, Inc. This organization is devoted to promoting all things related to the game of chess in Nevada. This includes providing valuable resources, information on chess clubs across the state, and important information about various chess tournaments that are being held in Nevada.
How Many Chess Players Are There In Nevada
As we have noted, chess is becoming increasingly popular in the state of Nevada. You can find people playing the game that ranges from young people just starting to lifelong enthusiasts. There are players from every background and skill level currently honing their abilities at chess in Nevada.
The state offers many opportunities for players of all ages and ability levels to improve their games by participating in various clubs and tournaments. It is difficult to say how many total players are currently enjoying chess in Nevada, but it is a number that is increasing steadily.
Grandmasters In Nevada
It is a common question that Nevada chess players have regarding whether any current players in the state hold the prestigious title of Chess Grandmaster. Walter Browne was the last Nevada chess player to hold this illustrious distinction. He passed away in 2015.
Nevada’s Patrick Hummel started making waves in the game of chess when he was only 9 years old. This was back in 1999. The Nevada resident has continued to hone his craft and currently holds the title of FIDE Master.
Nevada Chess Clubs
Nevada chess enthusiasts looking for groups within the state that help players to connect should check out these groups and clubs.
- The Las Vegas Chess Center – The Las Vegas Chess Center has been working hard to promote the game of chess in the Las Vegas area for the past five years. This includes organizing chess tournaments for a wide variety of ages and skill levels.
- The Nevada Chess Academy – The goal of the Nevada Chess Academy is to provide the opportunity for players to develop their chess game in an environment that is encouraging and free of stress.
- The Nevada Chess Mates – The Nevada Chess Mates works to united the chess community in the Las Vegas region by presenting weekly chess tournaments online. These tournaments include opportunities for all skill levels.
- The Reno Chess Club – The Reno Chess Club was launched in 1952. Since its founding, the club has provided opportunities for local players to connect and enjoy their mutual love of the game of chess.
- The University of Nevada Reno Chess Club – The University of Nevada at Reno has its own chess club that is offering students the opportunity to connect through the game of chess.
Nevada Chess Tournaments
Nevada Chess Shops
Meepleville Board Game Cafe – The Meepleville Board Game Cafe in Las Vegas is a unique cafe that allows board game enthusiasts to come together and enjoy their beloved hobby with other like-minded individuals. It is a great place to get a chess game in.
Patton Puzzle Pleasures – Patton Puzzle Pleasures is one of the top spots in Reno to pick up everything you need to get your chess hobby started.
Shall We Play? – Shall We Play? is one of the top Las Vegas game shops if you are looking for a quality chessboard and pieces.
Nevada is one of the best states in the entire country for Chess. Since the U.S. National Open is held in Las Vegas, you’ll find many local players working towards competing in the largest competition in the country.
I hope this post on Nevada Chess helped you. If you liked this post, you might also be interested in reading more about Chess in the United States or a specific state like Texas or California.
These are some further resources that are helpful for Chess in Nevada. They include: