Going over the games of other players is what of the best ways to get better at chess, and not just games played by humans. In this post, we’re going through ten of the best chess games of Stockfish, the most powerful of all chess engines.
10. Stockfish vs Chessmaster – Casual Game
Stockfish played against the Chessmaster bot in a casual game where Stockfish played the Ruy Lopez opening with the white pieces. Stockfish defeated Chessmaster in just 24 moves.
9. Stockfish vs AlphaZero
Stockfish played a game against AlphaZero and played the Hubner Variation of the Nimzo Indian Defense. with the white pieces.
8. Houdini vs Stockfish – nTCEC – Stage 3 – Season 2, Round 17, November 03, 2013
Stockfish played against Houdini at the nTCEC tournament on November 03, 2013. Stockfish played one of the best chess openings with the black pieces, the Sicilian Defense.
7. Stockfish vs Rybka – nTCEC – Stage 4, Round 7 – April 17, 2013
Stockfish played a game that would later be known as, “One Fish, Two Fish, Little Fish, Stockfish”, against Rybka at the nTCEC tournament on April 17th, 2013. Stockfish played the Alekhine Defense with the white pieces.
6. Stockfish vs AlphaZero – AlphaZero – Stockfish Match – London, England – 2018
Stockfish played against AlphaZero at the AlphaZero – Stockfish Match on January 18, 2018. Stockfish played the Albin-Chatard Gambit, a variation of the French Defense with the white pieces.
5. Stockfish vs AlphaZero
Stockfish played against AlphaZero where the Dutch Defense was played. Stockfish won in 65 moves.
4. Stockfish vs Fire – TCEC – Season 6 – Stage 1b – February 25, 2014
Stockfish played against the Fire engine on season 6 of the TCEC tournament on February 25, 2014. Stockfish played the King’s Indian Defense with the white pieces.
3. Stockfish vs Crafty – nTCEC – Stage 1, Round 1, January 25, 2013
Stockfish played against Crafty at the nTCEC tournament on January 25, 2013. Stockfish played the English Opening with the white pieces.
2. Stockfish vs Critter – TCEC – Season 6 – Stage 4, Round 10, May 05, 2014
Stockfish played against Critter at the TCEC tournament on May 05, 2014. Stockfish played the Sicilian Defense with the white pieces.
1. Stockfish vs Leela Chess Zero – TCEC Superfinal Season 14, Game 66
Stockfish played against Leela Chess Zero at the TCEC Superfinal Season 14 tournament. In game 66, Stockfish played the Queen’s Indian Defense with the white pieces.
I hope you liked this list of the top games of the Stockfish chess engine. I wonder if Stockfish had the advantage with the white pieces from move one. At this elo of play, it’s hard to tell.
It you want to see a similar list we don’t have yet, let us know who you want to see using the suggestion form.