In the last list of top games we published, we went over a few of Grigoriy Oparin’s best chess games. In this post, we go through the best games of Matthew Sadler.
This article uses algebraic notation to describe chess moves. For more information, see our step-by-step guide on how to read Chess Notation
10. Miguel Illescas Cordoba vs Matthew Sadler – Linares Zonal, Round 3 – Linares, Spain – November 14, 1995
Matthew Sadler played against Miguel Illescas Cordoba at the Linares Zonal tournament on November 14, 1995. Sadler played the Queen’s Gambit Accepted with the black pieces.
9. Matthew Sadler vs Daniel Alsina Leal – 4NCL, Round 4 – Telford, UK – January 14, 2017
Matthew Sadler played against Daniel Alsina Leal at the 4NCL tournament on January 14, 2017. Sadler played the English Opening with the white pieces.
8. Francis Rayner vs Matthew Sadler – Tromso Olympiad, Round 1 – Tromso, Norway – August 02, 2014
Matthew Sadler played against Francis Rayner at the Tromso Olympiad tournament on August 02, 2014. Sadler played the French Defense with the white pieces.
7. Anatoly Karpov vs Matthew Sadler – Melody Amber Blind 7th, Round 9 – Monte Carlo, Ukraine – March 22, 1998
Matthew Sadler played against Anatoly Karpov at the Melody Amber Blind 7th tournament on March 22, 1998. Sadler played the Queen Pawn Defense with the black pieces.
6. Eloi Relange vs Matthew Sadler – Hasting, Round 1 – Hastings, England – December 29, 1997
Matthew Sadler played against Eloi Relange at the Hastings tournament on December 29, 1997. Sadler played the Sicilian Defense with the black pieces.
5. Matthew Sadler vs Sipke Ernst – Oslo Chess International, Round 5 – Oslo, Norway – October 05, 2011
Matthew Sadler played against Sipke Ernst at the Oslo Chess International tournament on October 05, 2011. Sadler played the Slav Defense with the white pieces.
4. Darius Zagorskis vs Matthew Sadler – Elista Olympiad, Round 7 – Elista, Russia – October 05, 1998
Matthew Sadler played against Darius Zagorskis at the Elista Olympiad tournament on October 05, 1998. Sadler played the English Opening with the black pieces.
3. Matthew Sadler vs Sergey Kudrin – Yalta op, Round 7 – London, England – August 27, 1988
Matthew Sadler played against Sergey Kudrin at the 12th Lloyds Bank Masters Open tournament on August 27, 1988. Sadler played the Nimzo-Larsen Attack with the white pieces.
2. Igors Rausis vs Matthew Sadler – Enghien-les-Bains 3rd, Round 1 – Enghien-les-Bains, France – March 03, 1999
Matthew Sadler played against Igors Rausis at the Enghien-les-Bains 3rd tournament on March 03, 1999. Sadler played the Queen’s Gambit Accepted with the black pieces.
1. Alexander Morozevich vs Matthew Sadler – European Club Cup, Round?? – Reykjavik, Iceland – January 01, 1999
Matthew Sadler played against Alexander Morozevich at the European Club Cup tournament on January 01, 1999. Sadler played against one of the best chess openings for black, the Sicilian Defense.
Did you like this list of Matthew Sadler’s best games? If you did, you might also be interested in Paul Morphy’s best games.