In the last list of top games we published, we listed ten of Fabiano Caruana’s best chess games. In this post, we go through the best games of Shakhriyar Mamedyarov.
This article uses algebraic notation to describe chess moves. For more information, see our step-by-step guide on how to read Chess Notation
10. Shakhriyar Mamedyarov vs Andrei Kharlov – Russian Club Cup, Round 6 – Sochi, Russia – April 25, 2006
Shakhriyar Mamedyarov played against Andrei Kharlov at the Russian Club Cup tournament on April 25, 2006. Mamedyarov played the Classical Defense with the black pieces.
9. FabShakhriyar Mamedyarov vs Sipke Ernst – Corus Group B, Round 6 – Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands – January 21, 2005
Shakhriyar Mamedyarov vs Sipke Ernst at the Corus Group B tournament on Jnauary 21, 2005. Mamedyarov played the Queen’s Gambit Accepted with the white pieces.
8. Shakhriyar Mamedyarov vs Pavel Tregubov – Reykjavik Open, Round 12 – Reykjavik, IceLand – March 12, 2006
Shakhriyar Mamedyarov played against Pavel Tregubov in the Reykjavik Iceland tournament on March 12, 2006. Mamedyarov played the Semi-slav Defense with the white pieces.
7. Shakhriyar Mamedyarov vs Artyom Timofeev – Aeroflot Open, Round 5 – Moscow, Russia – February 21, 2004
Shakhriyar Mamedyarov played against Artyom Timofeev at the Aeroflot Open tournament on February 21, 2004. Mamedyarov played the Semi-Slav Defense with the white pieces.
6. Shakhriyar Mamedyarov vs Beniamin Galstian – EU-ch U18, Round 1 – Peniscola, Spain – September 29, 2002
Shakhriyar Mamedyarov played against Beniamin Galstian at the EU-ch U1 8 tournament on September 29, 2002. Mamedyarov played the Benko Gambit with the white pieces.
5. Shakhriyar Mamedyarov vs Levon Aronian – World Championship Candidates, Round 9 – Khanty-Mansiysk Russia, – March 23, 2014
Shakhriyar Mamedyarov played against Levon Aronian Pons at the World Championship Candidates tournament on March 23, 2014. Mamedyarov played the Nimzo-Indian Defense with the white pieces.
4. Shakhriyar Mamedyarov vs Samy Shoker – World Cup, Round 1 – Tromso, Norway – August 11, 2013
Shakhriyar Mamedyarov played against Samy Shoker at the World Cup tournament on August 11, 2013. Mamedyarov played the Pseudo-Benko with the white pieces.
3. Shakhriyar Mamedyarov vs Vasyl Ivanchuk – Tata Memorial, Round 3 – Moscow, Russia – November 12, 2007
Shakhriyar Mamedyarov played against Vasyl Ivanchuk at the Tata Memorial tournament on November 12, 2007. Mamedyarov played the Semi-Slav Defense with the white pieces.
2. Vladimir Kramnik vs Shakhriyar Mamedyarov – Amber Tournament, Round 3 – Nice, France – March 17, 2008
Shakhriyar Mamedyarov played against Vladimir Kramnik at the Tal Memorial tournament on March 17, 2008. Mamedyarov played the Budapest Defense with the black pieces.
1. Shakhriyar Mamedyarov vs Judit Polgar – World Blitz Championship, Round 9 – Dubai, UAE – June 19, 2014
Shakhriyar Mamedyarov played against Judit Polgar at the World Blitz Championship on June 19, 2014. Mamedyarov played the Trompowsky Attack with the White pieces.
Did you enjoy going through the best games of Shakhriyar Mamedyarov? If you did, you might also want to check out the top games of Hikaru Nakamura.