In the last list of top games we published, we went over a few of Gabriel Sargissian’s best chess games. In this post, we go through the best games of Michael Adams.
10. Michael Adams vs Anthony Miles – Tilburg, Round 2 – Tilburg, Netherlands – November 17, 1993
Michael Adams played against Anthony Miles at the Tilburg tournament on November 17, 1993. Adams played the Sicilian Defense with the white pieces.
9. Judit Polgar vs Michael Adams – Dos Hermanas, Round 6 – Dos Hermanas, Spain – April 13, 1999
Michael Adams played against Judit Polgar at the Dos Hermanas tournament on April 13, 1999. Adams played the Marshall Attack with the black pieces.
8. Fabiano Caruana vs Michael Adams – Dortmund Sparkassen, Round 3 – Dortmund, Germany – July 28, 2013
Michael Adams played against Fabiano Caruana at the Dortmund Sparkassen tournament on July 28, 2013. Adams played the Berlin Defense with the black pieces.
7. Michael Adams vs Evgeny Bareev – Dortmund Candidates, Round 3 – Dortmund, Germany – July 08, 2002
Michael Adams played against Evgeny Bareev at the Dortmund Candidates tournament on July 08, 2002. Adams played the Caro-Kann Defense with the white pieces.
6. Michael Adams vs Veselin Topalov – Corus Group A, Round 2 – Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands – January 15, 2006
Michael Adams played against Veselin Topalov at the Corus Group A tournament on January 15, 2006. Adams played the Sicilian Defense with the white pieces.
5. Michael Adams vs Vladimir Dimitrov – Burgas, Round 6 – Burgas, Bulgaria – January 01, 1999
Michael Adams played against Vladimir Dimitrov at the Burgas tournament on January 01, 1999. Adams played against the French Defense with the white pieces.
4. Alexander Morozevich vs Michael Adams – Corus Group A, Round 4 – Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands – January 17, 2001
Michael Adams played against Alexander Morozevich at the Corus Group A tournament on January 17, 2001. Adams played the Mieses Defense with the black pieces.
3. Michael Adams vs Magnus Carlsen – Khanty-Mansiysk Olympiad, Round 6 – Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia – September 27, 2010
Michael Adams played against Magnus Carlsen at the Khanty-Mansiysk Olympiad tournament on September 27, 2010. Adams played the Modern Defense with the white pieces.
2. Michael Adams vs Simen Agdestein – Oslo m, Round 3 – Oslo, Norway – January 01, 1994
Michael Adams played against Simen Agdestein at the Oslo m tournament on January 01, 1994. Adams played the Alekhine Defense with the white pieces.
1. Michael Adams vs Vladimir Akopian – Armenia – The Rest of the World, Round 2 – Moscow, Russia –June 11, 2004
Michael Adams played against Vladimir Akopian at The Rest of the World tournament in Armenia on June 11, 2004. Adams played the French Defense with the white pieces.
Did you like this list of Michael Adams’s best games? If you did, you might be interested in other players top games like Emory Tate’s best games or Rey Enigma’s best games.