In the last list of top games we published, we listed ten of Shakhriyar Mamedyarov’s best chess games. In this post, we go through the best games of Maxime Vachier-Lagrave.
This article uses algebraic notation to describe chess moves. For more information, see our step-by-step guide on how to read Chess Notation
10. Anish Giri vs Maxime Vachier-Lagrave – Norway Chess, Round 2 – Stavanger, Norway – April 20, 2016
Maxime Vachier-Lagrave played against Anish Giri at the Norway Chess tournament on April 20, 2016. Maxime played the Sicilian Defense with the black pieces.
9. Maxime Vachier-Lagrave vs Richard Rapport – GCT St. Louis Rapid & Blitz, Round 3 – St Louis, USA – August 10, 2019
Maxime Vachier-Lagrave played against Richard Rapport at the GCT St. Louis Rapid & Blitz tournament on August 10, 2019. Lagrave played the French Defense with the white pieces.
8. Alberto David vs Maxime Vachier-Lagrave – Italian Team Championship, Round 1 – Condino, Italy – April 30, 2014
Maxime Vachier-Lagrave played against Alberto David in the Italian Team Championship on April 30, 2014. Lagrave played the Anglo-Indian Defense with the black pieces.
7. Igor-Alexandre Nataf vs Maxime Vachier-Lagrave – French Championship, Round 3 – Besancon, France – August 16, 2006
Maxime Vachier-Lagrave played against Igor-Alexandre Nataf at the French Championship on August 16, 2006. Lagrave played the Sicilian Defense with the black pieces.
6. Robert Fontaine vs Maxime Vachier-Lagrave – French Championship, Round 10 – Aix-les-Bains France – August 23, 2007
Maxime Vachier-Lagrave played against Robert Fontaine at the French Championship on August 23, 2007. Lagrave played the Dutch Defense with the black pieces.
5. Maxime Vachier-Lagrave vs Ian Nepomniachtchi – Tata Steel Group A, Round 12 – Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands – January 29, 2011
Maxime Vachier-Lagrave played against Ian Nepomniachtchi at the Tata Steel Group A tournament on January 29, 2011. Lagrave played the Gruenfeld Defense with the white pieces.
4. Maxime Vachier-Lagrave vs Alexandra Kosteniuk – International Championship of Paris, Round 5 – Paris, France – July 02, 2008
Maxime Vachier-Lagrave played against Alexandra Kosteniuk at the International Championship of Paris tournament on July 02, 2008. Lagrave played the Marshall Attack with the white pieces.
3. Fabiano Caruana vs Maxime Vachier-Lagrave – Tata Steel Masters, Round 1 – Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands – January 25, 2015
Maxime Vachier-Lagrave played against Fabiano Caruana at the Tata Steel Masters tournament on January 25, 2015. Lagrave played the Sicilian Defense with the black pieces.
2. Alexander Morozevich vs Maxime Vachier-Lagrave – Biel International Chess Festival, Round 8 – Biel, Switzerland– March 17, 2008
Maxime Vachier-Lagrave played against Alexander Morozevich at the Biel International Chess Festival tournament on March 17, 2008. Lagrave played the Sicilian Defense with the black pieces.
1. Maxime Vachier-Lagrave vs Ding Liren – Alekhine Memorial, Round 2 – Paris St. Petersburg, France/ Russia – April 22, 2013
Maxime Vachier-Lagrave played against Ding Liren at the Alekhine Memorial on April 22, 2013. Lagrave played the Caro-Kann Defense with the White pieces.
Did you enjoy going through the best games of Maxime Vachier-Lagrave? If you did, you might also want to check out the top games of Anish Giri.