This article uses algebraic notation to describe chess moves. For more information, see our step-by-step guide on how to read Chess Notation.
10. Rafael Leitao vs Fabiano Caruana – Khanty Mansiysk Olympiad, Round 9 – Khanty Mansiysk, Russia – September 30, 2010
Fabiano Caruana played against Rafael Leitao at the Khanty Mansiysk Olympiad tournament on September 30, 2010. Caruana played the Marshall Attack with the black pieces.
9. Fabiano Caruana vs Emanuel Berg – Dresden Olympiad, Round 7 – Dresden, Germany – November 20, 2008
Fabiano Caruana played against Emanuel Berg at the Dresden Olympiad tournament on November 20, 2008. Caruana played the French Defense with the white pieces.
8. Sergey Karjakin vs Fabiano Caruana – Grand Slam Chess Final, Round 2 – Sao Paulo, Brazil – September 25, 2012
Fabiano Caruana played against Sergey Karjakin at the Grand Slam Chess Final tournament on September 25, 2012. Caruana played the Morphy Defense with the black pieces.
7. Fabiano Caruana vs Ruslan Ponomariov – Dortmund Sparkassen, Round 2 – Dortmund, Germany – July 13, 2014
Fabiano Caruana played against Ruslan Ponomariov at the Dortmund Sparkassen tournament on July 13, 2014. Caruana played the Nimzowitsch Attack with the white pieces.
6. Fabiano Caruana vs Veselin Topalov – Sinquefield Cup, Round 6 – Saint Louis, MO USA – September 02, 2014
Fabiano Caruana played against Veselin Topalov at the Sinquefield Cup tournament on September 02, 2014. Caruana played the Sicilian Defense with the white pieces.
5. Fabiano Caruana vs Francisco Vallejo Pons – 18th Pamplona International, Round 3 – Pamplona, Spain – December 24, 2008
Fabiano Caruana played against Francisco Vallejo Pons at the 18th Pamplona International tournament on December 24, 2008. Caruana played the Sicilian Defense with the white pieces.
4. Magnus Carlsen vs Fabiano Caruana – Sinquefield Cup, Round 3 – Saint Louis, USA – August 29, 2014
Fabiano Caruana played against World Champion, Magnus Carlsen, at the Sinquefield Cup tournament on August 29, 2014. Caruana played the Berlin Defense with the black pieces.
3. Fabiano Caruana vs Anish Giri – Tata Steel Group A, Round 11 – Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands – January 27, 2012
Fabiano Caruana played against Anish Giri at the Tata Steel Group A tournament on January 27, 2012. Caruana played the Slav Defense with the white pieces.
2. Fabiano Caruana vs Hikaru Nakamura – London Chess Classic, Round 6 – London, England – December 15, 2016
Fabiano Caruana played against Hikaru Nakamura at the London Chess Classic tournament on December 15, 2016. Caruana played the Sicilian Defense with the black pieces against Nakamura and defeated Nakamura.
1. Vladimir Kramnik vs Fabiano Caruana – World Championship Candidates, Round 4 – Berlin, German – March 14, 2018
Fabiano Caruana played against Vladimir Kramnik in the World Championship Candidates tournament on March 14, 2018. Caruana played the Cozio (Lasker) Attack with the white pieces.
Did you enjoy going through the best games of Fabiano Caruana? If you did, you might also want to check out the top games of Garry Kasparov.