In the last list of top games we published, we went over a few of Teimour Radjabov’s best chess games. In this post, we go through the best games of Alexander Grischuk.
This article uses algebraic notation to describe chess moves. For more information, see our step-by-step guide on how to read Chess Notation
10. Alexander Grischuk vs Anton Filippov– Tromso Olympiad, Round 6 – Tromso, Norway – August 08, 2014
Alexander Grischuk played against Anton Filippov at the Tromso Olympiad tournament on August 08, 2014. Grischuk played the Bogo-Indian Defense with the white pieces.
9. Vugar Gashimov vs Alexander Grischuk– World Team Championship, Round 5 – Bursa, Turkey – January 08, 2010
Alexander Grischuk played against Vugar Gashimov at the World Team Championship on January 08, 2010. Grischuk played the Sicilian Defense with the white pieces.
8. Alexander Grischuk vs Evgeny Bareev – ECC, Round 3 – Panormo, Greece – September 25, 2001
Alexander Grischuk played against Evgeny Bareev at the ECC tournament on September 25, 2001. Grischuk played the French Defense with the white pieces.
7. Peter Svidler vs Alexander Grischuk – World Championship Candidates, Round 9 – London, England – March 25, 2013
Alexander Grischuk played against Peter Svidler at the World Championship Candidates tournament on March 25, 2013. Grischuk played the King’s Indian Defense with the black pieces.
6. Baadur Jobava vs Alexander Grischuk – World Cup (Blitz), Round 3 – Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia – November 29, 2009
Alexander Grischuk played against Baadur Jobava at the World Cup (blitz) tournament on November 29, 2009. Grischuk played the Modern Attack with the black pieces.
5. Alexander Grischuk vs Ruslan Ponomariov – 3rd Torshavn International, Round 9 – Torshavn, Faroe Islands – October 10, 2000
Alexander Grischuk played against Ruslan Ponomariov at the 3rd Torshavn International tournament on October 10, 2000. Grischuk played the Alekhine Defense with the white pieces.
4. Boris Gelfand vs Alexander Grischuk – Petrosian Memorial, Round 2 – Moscow, Russia – November 05, 2014
Alexander Grischuk played against Boris Gelfand at the Petrosian Memorial on November 05, 2014. Grischuk played the Gruenfeld Defense with the black pieces.
3. Ivan Cheparinov vs Alexander Grischuk – Baku Grand Prix, Round 2 – Baku, Azerbaijan– April 21, 2008
Alexander Grischuk played against Ivan Cheparinov at the Baku Grand Prix tournament on April 21, 2008. Grischuk played the French Defense with the black pieces.
2. Alexander Grischuk vs Sergei Rublevsky – World Championship Candidates, Round 2 – Elista, Russia – June 06, 2007
Alexander Grischuk played against Sergei Rublevsky at the World Championship Candidates tournament on June 06, 2007. Grischuk played the Sicilian Defense with the white pieces.
1. Alexander Grischuk vs Laurent Fressinet– Lausanne Young Masters, Round 1 – Lausanne, Switzerland – May 30, 2000
Alexander Grischuk played against Laurent Fressinet at the Lausanne Young Masters on May 30, 2000. Grischuk played the Sicilian Defense with the white pieces.
Did you enjoy going through Alexander Grischuk’s best games? If you did, you might also want to check out the top games of Garry Kasparov.